Friday, April 4, 2014

Today's Bread and Butter

It's baguette time today. Do you want the real ones or the felt one?  Today I'm really talking about the felt baguette.  Maybe another time I'll talk about the real one.

 This isn't a tutorial, but I can give some directions with no pictures.
Cut 2 ovals about 4" x 10".  Put 3 slashes in one of those pieces.


 Put a cream color felt underneath the slashes.  Pull back the edges of the slashes, pin and sew around them.
 Then sew the 2 ovals together leaving an opening at one end to stuff.  Then hand sew that closed.  How simple could that be?  It took me about 15 minutes.  No proofing involved.


 I sewed the sliced loaf closed without stuffing.  Then I cut through for my slices.  I added velcro to the end pieces I cut out and buttonhole stitched everything together.  This did take more time.  The slices do puff out.  Maybe there are ideas for a better way to do the slices.


Eloise really enjoys giving out slices of bread.


 She especially likes taking her plastic knife and cutting the bread.  She doesn't care that it doesn't look the way I'd like it to look.


 I do enjoy butter on my bread.


 So I figured the girls would like butter on their bread.


 I had to make little pats of it also.  I sewed tucks on each edge of the cube to make it stand out square.
The ends are all buttonhole stitched.


 A lot of butter on that piece.



 Yum!!!





2 comments:

  1. I am in love with this DIY!!! That is the cutest thing ever from felt!!! I am inspired! Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.