Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The Squares of Jacob's Ladder


I've been slowly but somewhat consistently working on this small quilt.  It contains 4 different squares.
This is a corner square.


This one goes on the top and the sides.


And this goes in the body of the quilt

 

 This one goes in the body and on the sides and also 2 corners.  I've had a lot of problems with this one.  If I turn it one way and sew, and then turn it on it's side and sew, it comes out wrong.  I've had a lot of ripping out.  And I'm not exact.  I thought I should make  a smaller quilt and just work on exactness with points.
I'm not going to try that here.


 Here is a square done wrong.  Another ripout  to do.


Here are 9 squares set.  Maybe I'll try one this size. I'm using up scraps in this one. These fabrics you see?
I used them all up.  That feels rather good. Although I don't think I really made a dent in my brown bin of scraps.


1 comment:

  1. I have never seen this block before and I love the look of it. Sorry it's giving you such a hard time. A quilt with this layout and these colors would be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.