Tuesday, March 10, 2015

It Was a Sweater for Me



This sweater took a long time to knit.  I was knitting it for me and therefore was low on the priority list.  I thought the sizes on it seemed not quite right.  They ran  (4/6)(10/12)and (16/18).  Where was the 14?  With my measurements, I needed that middle size that wasn't there.  I tend to have to reduce my needle size to get the right gauge and then sometimes it is still work, so I went with the 10/12 figuring that I might knit a little large anyways.   But it was just a little too small.  It could work, but not comfortably.


 So I have a friend trying it on for me and I will put it in our shop to sell.
I really like the fact that it has beads.  It's the first time that I've put beads on any thing. Although I  think I'd go a little smaller next time.


 This was a very difficult pattern to knit.  It took a constant following of the chart, especially on the front, where even the purl rows had cables to make.


 You can check it out on my Ravelry.

8 comments:

  1. It came out lovely! I love the beading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word- what an absolutely lovely cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Ginny's blog today. :) What a gorgeous sweater! I love quilts, as well. I look forward to visiting again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's really beautiful, the colour, design and beading! your friend models it well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful cardigan! Are you the model? Or your friend? Either way, it is lovely on. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.