Monday, April 6, 2015

Tulips on Gingham

That is the name of the project, although mine isn't on gingham.  It does have a nice effect though.
 The print is an RJR fabric, Lovely and the check is Tiding of Great Joy by Quilting Treasures.


I've had this magazine for a while. It's a few years old.  In fact, I bought this fabric for the project about a year ago.
 

 I'm finding the other fabrics from scraps in my stash.  I hope I don't have to go out and purchase more.  Where the flowers are pink, I'm using purple and where they are purple, I'm using pink.
This is the center flower. I am doing freezer paper needleturn applique on this quilt.


 I have all the stems cut.  It is lots of brown bias.


 Now I'm using my nifty little tool to turn all those strips onto stems.
You'll have to keep watching for updates.



1 comment:

  1. This will be so pretty! And what a nifty tool to use. I love finding the fabrics I need in my scraps!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.