Monday, November 16, 2015

Hot Air Balloons

Last month I started this new baby quilt.  I then took the top as it was to the embroiderer's to get a name put on it.  I received it back and am going to work on it now.  
I started by quilting the whole background first.  Clouds in the sky...


And wavy lines in the grass.


I then cut batting for the balloons that I had already put together.  I want the balloons to stand out on the quilt. 


I then sewed the batting to the balloons, sewing down the lines on the balloons.


Now I am zigzagging the balloons to the quilt along with the baskets.


You should get to see it soon completely finished.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute quilt design! It's going to look great all done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like it is going to be a fun quilt and I'm looking forward to seeing it finished. Thanks so much for linking to MCM - it is so nice to welcome you! Your house must be full of laughter and love with all those children and grandchildren to play with. :) Have a great sewing week!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please feel free to leave a comment.